This makes my heart melt.
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
I know this is kinda old but I love Ciara's Bob Hair Cut.
If I ever get a "Mom Cut" this is what I want it to look like >.<
Photo Credits: Getty Images
Thursday, May 23, 2013
So I came upon this really instreting artical on MSN.com, I can't help but think WTF is wrong with this picture?!
If you read this maybe you will think the same..Who knows.
Chances are there is something about the way you look that you’d like to change — thinner thighs, fewer wrinkles, longer and more lustrous locks. But there is one woman in this universe who claims she wants to be less attractive, because apparently it’s a rough being pretty.
33-year-old Laura Fernee blames her good looks for a host of problems in her life, including her unemployment. Fernee says she was forced to quit her job after being constantly harassed by male co-workers and dealing with female co-workers who were jealous of her beauty. Now, Fernee lives in an apartment paid for by her parents and hasn’t held a job in two years. But she is also claiming it’s simply not her fault.
“I’m not lazy, and I’m no bimbo. The truth is my good looks have caused massive problems for me when it comes to employment, so I’ve made the decision that employment just isn’t for me at the moment,” Fernee says, according to the Daily Mail. “It’s not my fault … I can’t help the way I look.”
She says she endured constant harassment in regards to her face and body, while co-workers ignored her professional achievements. “Male colleagues were only interested in me for how I looked. I wanted them to recognize my achievements and my professionalism, but all they saw was my face and body," she says. “Even when I was in a laboratory in scrubs with no make-up, they still came on to me because of my natural attractiveness. There was nothing I could do to stop it.”
Photos: Ken McKay/Rex Features
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Puppies Abandoned Indiana: 17 Dogs Dumped On Road Near Lake Shore Up For Adoption (PHOTO)
Read stopped late Friday night while driving along State Park Road just east of Indiana Highway 49 — roughly 50 miles east of Chicago along the lake shore — after she spotted puppies in her path.
The Northwest Indiana Times reports Read saw someone in a gold SUV apparently dump a mother dog and nine puppies along the road and speed off as Read approached.
Read gathered the puppies in her SUV and called her husband who wrangled eight more of the puppies nearby, ABC Chicago reports.
(Don't forget to check HuffPost Chicago on Fridays for featurd local shelter pets up for adoption.)
Animal control crews later came and took the brood to Lakeshore PAWS in Valparaiso, Ind. where they are currently awaiting adoption. The shelter's latest "pupdate" said the 17 dogs are Lab mix puppies "from at least two separate litters, who range in age from 6 to 12 weeks old."
Individuals interested in adopting the puppies must fill out an adoption survey and visit between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday at Coco's Canine Cabana, 405 Elm St. in Valparaiso.
“It was very cold that night, so I fear to think what would have happened to them if I hadn’t come along right when I did,” Read said, adding she had doubts the puppies would have survived the night due to coyotes in the area.
“Good grief. I was really angry that night, and I’m trying not to be a judgmental person," Read said. "I don’t know what kind of situation they were in, but I think it was a pretty reckless and callous act that they did.”
Porter County Sheriff’s police were searching for the person who abandoned the dogs.
For adoption questions, contact Lakeshore PAWS at info@lakeshorePAWS.org.
Reading things like this really make me mad.
Thank God for that wonderful woman and her husband for picking the dogs up and that are now trying to find them homes.
I really can't digest how evil people are these days.
It truly blows my mind the things that people do to one another and animals.
I hope that this story gets passed around and that the puppies find a good and loving home.
and I hope the people that just dumped them all rot in hell.
I made this scrub last night and it was wonderful!
I used Coconut Oil and it made my skin so soft.
I didn't even have to use lotion after my bath.
The best part I already had these things laying around in the kitchen.
So treat yourself and enjoy!!!!
Time Required: 10 minutes
- For this body scrub, you can use salt or sugar. Sugar can be gentler on the skin. Just make sure to choose a sugar or salt that has small granules that won't tear at skin. A basic table salt or sugar works wonderfully. If you have super sensitive skin, you might opt for a dark brown sugar.
- Choose an oil. You can use baby oil or any of the following: organic extra virgin coconut oil (my absolute favorite, which you can buy at a health food store), almond oil, safflower, vegetable. According to Allure, makeup artist Joanna Schlip uses olive oil in the homemade scrubs she uses on actress Eva Longoria.
- You want 1 part oil to 2 parts sugar or salt. Place anywhere from a few tablespoons to a cup of salt or sugar in a container. Place half that amount of oil. Mix with a spoon. Don't freak out if the salt settles to the bottom. It's virtually impossible to keep it mixed.
- If you want your scrub to smell divine, put 5 drops of an essential oil into your mixture. Mix with spoon. Or do what actress Cate Blanchett does and put in mint (muddle it up first or put in a blender) and lemon zest. See my list of essential oils.
- Now onto the bath itself. I find scrubs work best on dry skin. Step into a bath tub and put on loofah mitts. I like the exfoliating gloves that you get in health food stores. They really scrub your skin good. If you don't have a bath mitt, don't worry, you can use your hands.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture into your palms or your gloves and then rub the mixture all over your body in a circular motion. For tougher areas such as the knees, soles and elbows, spend extra scrubbing time or cut a lemon in half and pour sea salt on the halves, scrubbing your soles, elbows and knees with the lemon. On places like the chest, neck, and stomach, where the skin is thinner, take it easy with the scrubbing and instead use cleanser on a washcloth to exfoliate. If you feel the salt is too harsh on your skin, rinse off the bath mitts and then spoon only the oil onto the mitts to continue.
- Once entire body is scrubbed well, rinse thoroughly.
- Pat skin dry. You should be good and cleansed. The salt (or sugar) should have exfoliated your skin nicely with the help of the loofah and the oil should leave skin soft and moisturized. You shouldn't even need to follow the bath with a moisturizer.
- The only bad part about this scrub is the oil can build up on the bathtub bottom. Make sure to clean it up so the next person who gets in doesn't slip.
What You Need
- salt or sugar
- oil (I prefer organic extra virgin coconut oil, but you can use any type of oil)
- a bowl
- essential oils if you choose
- a spoon
- loofah mitt (or you can use your hands)
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Wow, I am blown away at Ashlee Simpson's over all look.
She looks FLAWLESS.
Photos: WireImage, Getty Images
Monday, May 13, 2013
I got this from my son for Mother's Day.
I have only been using since Saturday on my face and can I just say....
Wow, this stuff is AMAZING.
It feels so good on your skin there is no scent
and it gives you a heavenly glow
with out feeling greasy.
Not only can you use it on your face but your hair and body as well.
I don't know why I didn't try this stuff sooner.
did I mention this stiff is organic?
No testing on animals?!
You can get the Value Size bottle at 48.00
the On the Go size for 14.00
If any one has not tried this stuff I am telling you this is a great investment.
(Yes that's right I said investment.)
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Photo: Mike Lawrie
"Unapologetic" has taken on a whole new meaning. Now it's more than just the name of Rihanna's latest album, it perfectly describes her behavior Monday night after leaving her Boston fans waiting not once, but twice. After postponing her Boston concert in March due to illness, the pop star didn't seem in any hurry to appease her Beantown fans as she took the stage three hours late on her Diamonds World Tour stop.Rihanna came out to boos from the crowd, who expressed their frustration at being made to wait without even an opening act to entertain them, reports the Daily Mail. RiRi didn't help matters when she failed to offer an apology for her tardiness, further upsetting her fans at the TD Garden venue.
Rihanna offered no explanation for her late arrival, but there was plenty of speculation. Some thought it was because the basketball fan was watching the Chicago Bulls play Miami Heat in the NBA Eastern Conference semi-finals, while others thought she was having trouble coping with the "off-again" status of her on-again, off-again relationship with Chris Brown.
In any case, here's hoping she makes it out on time for her Tuesday night show at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
By Laura Ferreiro
Monday, May 6, 2013
Friday, May 3, 2013
This is now being sold at QVC and this is how is works.
The Josie Maran Argan Glow Self Tanning Body Wash just went on sale for $34.98 on QVC.com
Thanks Glamour.com for the update on that! This is on my "Must Try" list!
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
So I know it's been a while since I posted anything but life has been happening.
Just upgraded my home with a big yard for my son and dog (in other words I moved.)
So now that I have pretty much gotten settled in I will be back to posting.
Not that anyone reads my blog anyways but it gives me a creative outlet :)
Side note I worked out 21 out of 30 days in April.
Pat on the back for me, Yes Sirrrrrr!