Friday, March 29, 2013

This was brought to you courtesy of Glamour Magazine


How to achieve this look:
(Best of all it is so easy)



Step 1. Start with a base.
"I started with a beautiful dewy base and warmed up Kate's skin with a golden bronzer to emphasize her healthy glow."
Step 2. Line eyes.
"With a kohl pencil, I rimmed her eyes, not paying too much attention to precision. I rimmed the outer corner of the eye a little heavier to help create depth. I wanted the heaviest part of the makeup on the outer corner."
Step 3. Apply blush and a highlighter.
"To brighten the overall face, I used a highlighter on Kate's cheekbones, brow bones, and tip of her nose. I then applied a touch of peach blush on the apple of her cheek for freshness."
Step 4. Add gloss.
"I used a nude lip gloss that I dabbed on with my ring finger for a very natural look."

A closer look at the make up


As for her hair, David Babaii (Kate's hairstylist for 12+ years and a dear friend) created the look. "It is really all about showing off what I call the Kate Hudson Look. It is a look that truly shows off her healthy, shiny hair. Kate is my generation's Brigitte Bardot, showing off soft, voluptuous hair that is touchable and glamorous. In my eyes, she has a signature look that most women today can ask for."
Step 1. Prep the hair.
"I added a hair serum and strong-hold mousse before blow-drying to give it a natural, long-lasting hold."
Step 2. Blow-dry with a medium-size brush.
"I used a medium round brush at the root area to add volume, then switched to a large round brush to smooth and create soft rounded edges."
Step 3. Finger-comb.
"With my fingers, I combed through and allowed the hair to fall naturally into place. I then misted hair with hairspray for a soft, touchable finish."
Easy enough, right?! What do you think of Kate's hair and makeup look in our April issue?
Photos: Patrick Demarchelier


No comments:

Post a Comment